I was recently contacted by Britmums to see if I’d like to take part in the Dolmio #Thankgoodness challenge. As big lovers of Dolmio sauces and a good old spaghetti bolognese, of course we said yes!
We were sent over a bunch of ingredients, including some Dolmio sauce so that we could cook up whatever meals we wanted. Obviously I just had to make a spag bol but I also wanted to try something a little bit different too, so we went for a chicken lasagne which actually turned out really well.
Being a busy mum to two children, with a husband that works night shifts, our meals have to be quick, simple and enjoyed by everyone. Which is why I love Dolmio, it ticks all the boxes for our family as well as being nutritious.
So what actually goes into a jar of Dolmio bolognese sauce?
The first recipe that we cooked up was a spaghetti bolognese. We followed the recipe that is printed on the back of the jar, which is really handy.
- One jar of Dolmio bolognese sauce
- 400g mince
- We also added extra garlic, mushrooms, onion, pepper and some goats cheese sprinkled on the top. All of these are completely optional however.
- Brown the mince for a couple of minutes.
- Add any extra veg and garlic that you want to (optional).
- When your mince is thoroughly cooked, add the Dolmio sauce and bring to a simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti.
- You can add some cheese on top if you like, we used a little goats cheese which was delicious!
We decided to have a go at something a little bit different and after seeing a similar recipe on the Dolmio website we decided to adapt it a little and give it a go!
- Lasagne sheets
- 600g chicken breasts
- Dolmio sauce – we used the bolognese sauce which worked fine, but there is also a lasagne sauce available
- Dolmio creamy white lasagne sauce
- Pre heat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Cook your chicken in a pan for a few minutes until seared and browned.
- Add any veg that you fancy and cook for a couple of minutes. We went for mushrooms, onion and some garlic. The recipe on the Dolmio website suggests sweetcorn and leeks, which also sounds delicious.
- Tip in the Dolmio sauce into the pan and bring to the boil.
- Start layering your lasagne up in an oven proof dish. Start with the chicken mixture, followed by a layer of lasagne sheets and then the creamy white sauce. Repeat until all your ingredients have gone.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes. If you like you can grate some cheese over the top towards the end.
Thanks for reading.