Me and Evie had a go at making Easter chocolate nests last week and I think they turned out pretty well. They are really easy to make, perfect to do with the kids over the Easter holidays.
My mum used to make these for us every year when we were little, so they bring back childhood memories. Rather than googling how to make them, I asked my mum for the recipe and she pulled out a Sainsburys leaflet from 1996! She’s kept it for 20 years haha!
- 125g chocolate
- 25g butter
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 125g shredded wheat
- 24 mini eggs
How to make them:
- Crumble up your shredded wheat.
- Melt your chocolate, butter and honey (I just did this in the microwave).
- Mix together your chocolate mixture and your shredded wheat.
- Press the mixture into a 12 hole cake/muffin tray. You can use cupcake cases if you like but I didn’t bother.
- Pop them in the fridge for about an hours and then pop your mini eggs in them.
Thanks for reading.