With Valentine’s Day just a few weeks away I thought I would have a go at making something Valentine’s themed. I decided on slow cooker fudge as I’ve made it a few times in the past and it’s really fun and easy to do. It’s actually quite addictive because there are so many variations that you can make; irish cream, aero, salted caramel, peanut butter, vanilla, caramel… the possibilities really are endless.
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 500g white chocolate
- Red food colouring (I used Dr Oetker gel food colouring)
- Hearts sprinkles for decoration
- Turn your slower cooker on to the low setting.
- Put the condensed milk, butter, vanilla essence and chocolate (broken up) into your slow cooker.
- Save a little white chocolate for decoration later, just a couple of squares should be enough for this.
- Stir the fudge every 15 minutes for an hour, without the lid on.
- At the end of the hour add your food colouring. I used the whole tube for a stronger colour but you can add as much or as little as you like. Of course the less you use the paler the colour will be.
- Line a tin or dish with tin foil and then pour your fudge mixture in.
- Melt the left over chocolate in the microwave to drizzle over the fudge, and finally decorate with the hearts. I bought my heart sprinkles from eBay for just a couple of pounds.
- Pop in the fridge until set and then chop into pieces.
And that’s it! Super quick and easy to do but I think it looks really good, and let me tell you it taste amazing!
Have you ever made slow cooker fudge before? Please do let me know if you attempt to make this, I really would love to see it.
Thanks for reading.