Since redecorating our living room recently and being so pleased with how it turned out, it’s made me want to move on to other rooms in our house. I’m keen to redo our bedroom, the kids rooms and the kitchen/dining room, so I’ve started putting together some ideas, starting with our bedroom first.
I absolutely love Pinterest and I think it’s fantastic for getting some home inspiration together. I did this before we did our living room and it really helped me to visualise what all my ideas would look like together.
I’m loving the colours white, grey and blush pink together for a bedroom. I would probably go with copper accents too as I’m really loving copper at the moment.
Our bedroom is an attic room and doesn’t get much attention, it’s pretty much just a dumping ground as it’s so easy to shut the door on it and forget about the mess that’s hidden up there at the top of the house!
Last year we made a bit of an effort to spruce things up and we created a bit of a feature wall, got some new bedding and a few new accessories but to be honest it didn’t even scratch the surface and it really needs a complete overhaul.
Because it is an attic room it is really light and bright, our walls are currently all painted white and I like it like that so I would leave the walls as they are.
Here are some items I’d love for our bedroom…
- VELUX blinds – As our bedroom in an attic room we have a VELUX window in there and a VELUX blind, however it is red so the wrong colour for our new colour scheme. Our current blind is a black out blind which I love so I would definitely go for a black out one again, but in grey.
- DFS Lucas bed – Our current bed is a black faux leather and although it isn’t very old, I really don’t like the style of it anymore. This Lucas bed from DFS looks amazing and would fit in perfectly with the look I’m going for.
- Next Geometric cushion – I am loving geometric patterns at the moment, you’ll have noticed if you saw my living room makeover post, so this cushion is perfect!
- Blush throw – How gorgeous is this throw? I adore the colour and the fact that it’s chunky knit, who doesn’t love a chunky knit?
- IKEA Copper lamp – I spotted these lamps in IKEA at the weekend and I love them! I think they would look lovely on our bedside tables, perfect for a spot of bedtime reading (or Facebook/Twitter/Instagramming!).
- Lily Rose Co print – I love Lily Rose Co prints, I recently discovered them and had to buy a couple for our living room. The prints come in black, gold, silver, copper or rose gold. I’m loving both copper and rose gold at the moment, so it would be a toss up between these two for me.
- Next white bedding – There’s something so nice about fresh white bedding, you can’t beat it. I think this white set against the grey bed and blush throw would make a gorgeous combination.
- Next grey rug – I love round rugs, I don’t know why, I just think they looks so much better than a rectangular one. This grey one from Next would work perfectly with my new colour scheme.
- Sharps built in wardrobes – I’ve wanted built in wardrobes for the longest time, I think maybe that’s a sign that I’m getting old? Haha. They are just so damn practical! And there’s a space in our bedroom that would be perfect for fitted wardrobes.
- IKEA Poang chair – I love IKEA Poang chairs. We had one in Max’s room when he was a baby and they are so comfy! I love the colour of this one, it would look perfect sat in the corner of our room.
What do you think to the colour scheme I’m thinking of?
Thanks for reading.