We have just made a start on redecorating our dining room and a few people have asked what we are planning, so I thought I’d pop up a blog post about it rather than waffling on about it on social media!
As most of you will know, we lost our dog a couple of weeks ago and are getting a new puppy soon which is what prompted us crack on with the decorating. Our pup will spend most of her time in the dining room so we wanted to make sure it was finished before she arrived.
So here’s our ideas…
1. Mirror – Littlewoods – £103 – We have actually just had this delivered and it is gorgeous! It’s a really heavy mirror so another excuse for Mr E to get the power tools out! His latest toy – a drill – is from SGS who have a great range of power tools if you or your other half is on the look out.
2. Yellow chairs – Wayfair – Set of four £142 – As the room is going to be very simple and minimalist with the white walls, we wanted to add a pop of colour and these chairs would be perfect. They are available in a few different colours so I’m not totally decided yet, what colour would you go for?
3. Hendricks print – FY – From £17 – As big gin lovers, we couldn’t possibly resist this print!
4. Copper clock – Made.com – £29 – I LOVE copper and have a lot of copper accessories dotted around the house, but I am definitely missing a copper clock.
5. House plant – IKEA – various prices – I have lots of small cactuses and succulents around the house at the moment but actually don’t have any large house plants, so a trip to IKEA for some gorgeous greenery is definitely on the cards very soon!
6. Belly basket – Trouva – £26 – I blame instagram for most of my purchases and this one won’t be any different. I love how plants look in these gorgeous baskets and I think it will fit really well in our dining room.
7. White walls – The starting point of all of this is the white walls. Our walls were grey and cream/magnolia before and the room was definitely in need of brightening up. We have finished most of the paining (and glossing) already and it looks so so much better.
What do you think to our plans?
Thanks for reading.