I thought I would share with you what we’ve bought our kids for Christmas this year. I find these kind of posts helpful if I’m struggling for gift ideas, so I hope that you do too.
I think we’ve spent around £200 on Evie, which is a pretty normal amount for us to spend. Max, however has had a lot more spent on him because his gifts include a new iPad. His old one has completely given up and he is currently borrowing my sisters, so a replacement as expensive as it is was necessary. We took advantage of sales, Argos 3 for 2 and my husband also gets 15% off at Argos, so the prices listed below aren’t necessarily what we paid.
We’ve tried to make sure the kids have got the same number of gifts each, rather than matching the value. I kind of feel bad for Evie as she has had so much less spent on her, but I know in reality she hasn’t got a clue. At the age they are at they look at the size and number of gifts rather than how much they cost, don’t they?
Aside from his main presents – the iPad, most of Max’s gifts are L.O.L. related as he is absolutely obsessed with them at the moment. I know how much he is going to love these presents, it’s just frustrating how expensive L.O.L’s are! But we would prefer to spend the money buying him what he really loves, rather than throw money away on cheap tat that he won’t play with for long.
1. L.O.L. Surprise biggie pet – Smyths Toys – £36.99
2. Razor S scooter – Argos – £34.99
3. Apple pencil – Argos – £89
4. L.O.L. Surprise eye spy bigger surprise – Smyths Toys – £74.99
5. L.O.L. Surprise tots under wraps – Argos – £14.99
6. L.O.L. Surprise live pet – Argos – £24.99
7. iPad – Argos – £319
8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid box of books – Amazon – £25
Evie’s main gift is the Sylvanian Families Beechwood Hall which she is going to love. We’ve also got a couple of bits to go along with it and I thought we could also add more families and accessories as Birthday gifts.
Evie is also getting a doll, clothes and a new crib from family so we’ve bought her a doll carrier to go with it. She’s had cheap toy ones before but they don’t really work properly so I thought we would spend a little more and her get a Ergobaby one. I can’t wait to see her face when she opens these, she’s going to be so pleased…
1. Sylvanian Families Beechwood Hall set with furniture – Argos – 69.99
2. L.O.L. Surprise live pets – Argos – £24.99
3. Sylvanian Families convertible car – Argos – £18.99
4. Ergobaby doll carrier – Natural Baby Shower – £24.90
5. Sylvanian Families rabbit family – The Entertainer – £18
6. Little People, BIG DREAMS books – Amazon – From £6
7. Disney Pixar Cars mini racers pinball playset – Smyths Toys – £18.99
8. Razor S scooter – Argos – £34.99
When it comes to stocking fillers we don’t go overboard, they get more than enough without getting loads in their stockings as well. I will just head to Poundland and get them a few little bits each. Chocolate coins, a bath bomb, candy canes and slime are a few ideas. Max has seen a few iPad accessories in Poundland that he wants so I will probably get those for him. That might sound crazy, but he is very specific about the things he likes.
What are you buying your little ones for Christmas this year?
Thank you for reading.