If, like me you are a big g&t fan, then you’ll love these grown up ice lollies! They are so simple to make and really refreshing on a hot Summers day.
Whilst making ice lollies for the kids a few days ago, we decided we’d have a go at making these too. I’d seen them on Pinterest a while ago but had never got round to making them.
I’m a bit sad that mine don’t look quite as perfect and pinteresty as I’d have liked, we’ll call them rustic, OK? But anyway, they are still delicious.
Having looked at instructions on Pinterest since making these I’ve realised where I went a little bit wrong, I should have allowed the tonic to go flat before freezing, woops! But at least I know now for next time…
So here is the correct way to make gin & tonic ice lollies…
- Pour your tonic and allow it to go flat, or alternatively you can use water
- Once the tonic is flat, make up your g&t as you usually would
- Slice some lemon or lime and pop a piece in each of your ice lolly moulds
- Pour the g&t into the moulds and pop the stick in
- Freeze overnight as alcohol takes longer to freeze
Thanks for reading.