Me and James are partial to the odd cocktail, especially in the summer when we can sit out on the garden in an evening. Last week we made a trip to IKEA, one of my favourite places! And picked up some new glasses, a beautiful pink tray and a gorgeous patterned bottle which is just perfect for filling with cocktails! Our little IKEA haul and the fact that our garden makeover is very nearly complete really inspired me to whip up a cocktail.
I’ve been pinning lots of drinks recipes over on Pinterest recently and decided to have a go at a grapefruit gin fizz. We both love gin and I thought that the grapefruit would be perfect for summer. I’m really pleased with how it turned out, it was super easy to make and really tasty too! If grapefruit isn’t your thing then you can of course substitute the grapefruit for a different fruit juice such as raspberry.
We are no experts when it comes to making cocktails and we’re definitely just winging it with the recipe. So this is just how we did it, you may want to adjust the measurements slightly to suit.
- Fresh grapefruit juice
- Gin (we used Blackwoods but any will do).
- A pink grapefruit to garnish
- Soda water
- Agave syrup or simple syrup
* You’ll also need a cocktail shaker.
- Pop some ice and a generous squeeze of agave syrup into your cocktail shaker.
- Add one part gin and two parts grapefruit juice and shake vigorously.
- Pour into your glasses and top up with soda water.
- Garnish with slices of grapefruit, et voila!
Are you a cocktail drinker? Does this sound like something you would enjoy? Please do let me know if you make this and tell what you thought to it, I’d love to know!
Thanks for reading.