Earlier this week me and Max went along to an event hosted by Online Golf at The Hilton hotel in Leeds. The aim of the event was to introduce kids to golf.
Max had never tried golf before, apart from a failed attempt at crazy golf a couple of years ago! He definitely isn’t a sporty boy and to be honest doesn’t really show much interest in sports at all but he was really excited about giving golf a go.
At the event there were three activities set up, we were split up into groups and we went round and had a go at all of the activities.
We had lots of fun at the event, Max definitely needs a bit more practice but he couldn’t wait to get home and tell daddy and Evie all about it. He has already been telling us that he can’t wait to play golf again!
Here are Online Golf’s top reasons why kids should get into golf…
- Anyone can play golf! For golf you don’t have to be tall, strong or fast or lean. Successful golfers come in all shapes, sizes and ages.
- It’s low-risk! Chances of injuries in golf are very small to non-existent compared to other popular sports like football or rugby. Being no-contact, golf is a very safe, respectful sport.
- It’s healthy! Golf is an outdoors sport giving kids the opportunity to exercise al fresco whilst enjoying nature.
- It creates bonds with friends & family! Whether your kid plays golf with family members, friends or takes lessons with a pro, mentoring and playing together will create unique and close bonds that will last a lifetime.
- Your kid will learn important life lessons! Playing golf, kids will experience highs and lows, from the first hole-in-one or birdie to a misplaced shot in a bunker. Golf will teach your kid that though we can’t always win, we always have another shot in life and skill comes with practice.
Thanks for reading.
Linking up with: