You guys know how much I enjoy making fudge. It’s so easy to do and there’s so many different flavours to try, it’s really quite addictive! With Christmas right around the corner, I came up with the idea of making candy cane fudge, and oh my goodness it is amazing. It has to be my favourite flavour so far.
Other fudge recipes you might like to try…
- 500g white chocolate
- 1 tin of condensed milk (397g)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peppermint flavouring
- Candy canes for decoration
- Turn your slower cooker on to the low setting.
- Pour the condensed milk, butter and chocolate (broken up) into your slow cooker.
- Stir the fudge every 10-15 minutes for one hour, with the lid off.
- Towards the end of the hour I added the peppermint flavouring. I used 5 teaspoons but I would suggest starting with a couple and tasting as you go, as the flavouring that you use might be more intense than the one I used.
- Line a tin or dish with foil and then pour in your fudge mixture.
- Sprinkle with broken up candy canes.
- Once completely cooled, pop your fudge in the fridge until it’s set (ideally over night) and then cut up into squares.
This is definitely my favourite fudge that I’ve made so far, closely followed by the mint choc chip fudge that I made a couple of months ago. I’m a big fan of peppermint flavouring so it’s a winner for me. Next on my agenda is white chocolate, cranberry and pistachio and lemon meringue. Do you have any other suggestions? Let me know!
Please let me know if you give this a try, I love hearing what you think to my recipes.
Thank you for reading.